Crisis Grant Application

The Care Workers’ Charity is working in partnership with the following local authorities: – Bradford – Oxfordshire

‘The fund is currently only available to care workers who *LIVE OR WORK IN THE OXFORDSHIRE OR BRADFORD AREAS* and have experienced a recent change in circumstances, resulting in a significant financial impact. Due to limited resources we can only accept grants from care workers living in or working in the county of Oxfordshire or Bradford city areas. Any applications received from outside these areas will be declined.


To be eligible for a Crisis Grant, you must:

· Be employed in the UK social care sector, in a role that is involved In or supports the provision of adult, elderly or disability care.

· Live or work in the Oxfordshire or Bradford areas

· If living or working in Oxfordshire you must either have be currently employed for at least one year or have been previously employed in the care sector for at least 5 years

· If living or working in the Bradford area you must be a current care worker, former care workers are not eligible

· Have experienced one of the following changes in circumstances, within the last year:

· A sudden of unexpected loss of income

· A sudden or unexpected illness or injury

· A sudden or unexpected change in living circumstances or loss of home

· A relationship breakdown

· An issue of domestic abuse

· Death of a close relative

· Not be over the 25% of the Minimum Income Standard (if you are unsure, you can calculate this here

You must either live or work in the Oxfordshire or Bradford areas, applications received from care workers outside of these areas are not eligible and will be declined.


Before you apply, please make sure that you can provide the necessary evidence documents. We are unable to award any grant without all the following:

  • Evidence of Employment: This can be, a recent pay slip, P60 form, P45 form or a confirmation letter from your employer stating your period of employment
  • A Letter of Support: This letter must be addressed to The Care Workers’ Charity and should confirm the circumstance of why you are claiming a grant and the difference that the grant would make. The person writing the letter must be a professional, such as your manager at work, Citizens Advice Bureau officer, doctor, debt advisor or housing support worker.
  • A Recent Bank Statement: This needs to show your account name, sort code and account number.
  • If applying for a funeral cost grant, then we require an invoice that shows the costs of the funeral.


If you can provide the following documents, it could make your application for a grant stronger. However, these documents are not essential: 

  • Medical confirmation of illness/injury
  • Repair costs quotes and invoices
  • Proof of eviction proceedings/ proof of rent arrears amount
  • New tenancy agreements and removal quotes (if applying for a moving costs grant)
  • Letter from a domestic violence support organisation


For more information please check out our FAQs page


The Care Workers’ Charity Crisis Grant is open to care workers who have experienced a recent change in circumstance resulting in a significant financial impact who live or work in the Oxfordshire or Bradford areas. Grant applications are assessed on a case-by-case basis and a maximum of £500 can be awarded. Subject to funding and circumstances in some cases we can award up to £2,000 for funeral costs grants if you live or work in the Oxfordshire area.