- This event has passed.
Writing Competition 2021
1st November 2021 - 30th November 2021
Writing Competition 2021 - Community
At The Care Workers’ Charity it is important to us that we share stories from within the social care sector. It has been an intensely challenging past 18 months for everyone and the social care workforce have been at the forefront of all the challenges that have come their way and overcome them brilliantly.
Our annual writing competition gives the platform to you, our UK social care workforce, to share your experiences. We are pleased that The Care Umbrella are sponsoring this years competition.
This year’s theme is ‘Community’. Throughout the pandemic the strong bonds of communities were shown as people shared their kindness and have been so willing to support one another. We want to hear your stories, poems, a day in the life commentary that reflects ‘Community’.
Taking part in the Writing Competition is a great way to think about what ‘Community’ means to you. Let your imagination go wild.
The top three entries will get their submissions published on our website. Staedtler have kindly donated some amazing stationary kits for the winners. 1st place will win £250 and the two runners up will win £125 which has kindly been donated by our Sponsor, The Care Umbrella.
Some things to remember:
- Your submission must follow the theme of ‘Community’
- Entries can be written in any format e.g. poem, short story, day in the life, diary entry, spoken word (though this must be accompanied by a transcript)
- The maximum word count is 1,000- please do not exceed this. Submissions of any length below this will be accepted.
- Feel free to include pictures that link to your entry. However, the text will be considered independently of any images.
- Photos/videos of you reading your submitted entry would be welcomed but are not compulsory.
The closing date is Tuesday 30th November. Entries submitted after this will not be accepted.
Please see Terms and Conditions 2021 for further information.
How to submit an entry?
Email: Please email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email your entry as an attached document (Microsoft Word or PDF are preferred). In the subject of your email please include your full name, job title and company you work for.
Social media: We are on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Send your entry as an attached document (Microsoft Word or PDF are preferred). In the subject of your email please include your full name, job title and company you work for.