- There are over 1.8 million care workers in the UK, contributing to one of Britain’s largest workforces, and caring for some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
- The Care Workers Charity is dedicated to helping current former and retired care workers, by providing them with one off hardship grants and online information and advice.
- We believe that no care worker should ever face financial hardship alone.
- This website holds information and advice on issues such as money, debt, health and wellbeing. You can find our online information by exploring the other pages on this site.
- We provide financial grants of up to £500 to support unexpected and unforeseen circumstances. Including but not limited to, sudden unexpected illness or injury, unexpected loss of income, loss of home, or relationship break downs.
- Champions are our volunteers, our boots on the ground, our eyes and ears. They aim to inform people about the Care Workers Charity and put on interesting and engaging fundraising events. Anyone can become a Champion.
- As a country we rely on care workers to be there on our rainy day, the Care Workers Charity is there for them on theirs.
A MESSAGE FROM HOME INSTEAD
At Home Instead Senior Care one of our key aims is to be recognised as an employer of choice and, as a valued CAREGiver and one of our most important assets, we want to introduce ways to help and support you in your role which we hope you will find of genuine value.
We understand that being a CAREGiver can be a rewarding role but can often introduce stresses and pressures which might leave you feeling low and vulnerable to changing situations, family matters and work patterns. This is a natural response and yet all too often people do not know who to turn to or have access to extra help and support when it is needed.
That’s why we have several measures in place to help you:
– Through Care Workers Charity, as a CAREGiver you could benefit from a grant if you need financial support. You can also apply to become a Care Workers Charity Champion and lead on fundraising in your local community.
-Access to the Employee Assistance Programme – a support service which offers a range of benefits including professional advice, useful information, resources and counselling.
-Opportunity to have you say in our annual employee engagement survey (PEAQ) Measuring this feedback is incredibly important to track levels of engagement and continue to drive the best working conditions possible. The results from this saw us winning “Best Employer in Care” in 2018.