Apply for a grant
We consider applications for financial assistance from people who have worked in a paid role in the UK’s care sector and are involved in or support the provision of care.
This includes people who have been involved in residential social care, home care, supported living care or day care.
Staff of any role working in a care setting may be eligible for support. This includes care staff, domestic, back office and catering staff.
We award grants to meet the financial impact of the following circumstances:
1. If someone close to you died
2. If you experienced a sudden or unexpected illness or injury
3. if you had a sudden or unexpected loss of income
4. If you had to deal with a sudden or unexpected change in living circumstances or loss of home
5. If you have faced a recent relationship breakdown and/or domestic abuse
We offer two types of grants, typically limited to £500:
Essential Needs Grants
One-off payment towards the cost of an item or a need necessary to improve a suddenly decreased quality of life or sustain the basic health of care workers and their family. This may include support towards essential whitegoods, home heating costs, and health improvement aids.
One-off payment to support someone experiencing an unforeseen or life-changing circumstance when they do not have the resources to meet the associated costs. This may include funeral expenses, home repairs or hospital travel expenses.