Mental Wellbeing and Health Support Application
The programme will offer applicants a series of up to ten support sessions with a qualified therapist.
Please note that this is not a financial grant, The Care Workers’ Charity will pay the service provider (Red Umbrella) directly for your sessions.
If you feel you would benefit from some support, or if you’re on a long waiting list for support with mental wellbeing or have previously had support but feel you would benefit from some more sessions, please read the information below:
- Think about how you define what you need support for, we will be asking you to try to identify the area you need help with (for example, anxiety, stress, burnout, addiction, PTSD or something else) so that you can be allocated a therapist who is an expert in this area – but don’t worry if you can’t pinpoint the precise help you need
- Talk to your GP, mental health support service or regulated professional (such as a social worker, or CPN or similar), you will need to include a letter of support from one of them when you make your application, and they will need to confirm that you would benefit from support with your mental wellbeing and health and that this programme would be beneficial to you.
We need some evidence of your employment in social care – and there are various ways you can provide this – any ONE of these below:
- If you’ve received a grant from us in the past 6 months please tick the appropriate check box
- Confirmation from your HR Manager (we will not be telling them you are applying for mental health support, but only that you have applied to us for a grant)
- Providing your most recent payslip which clearly shows that you work in the care sector.
- If you can’t provide any of the above, get in touch
If you’re not sure, or want more information then email us and we’ll get back to you within 5 working days
Please note: You are not eligible for this support programme if you are a registered nurse or work for the NHS
Mental Health Support Fund Application Form