Writing Competition 2020 - Connection
At The Care Workers’ Charity it is important to us that we share stories from within our community.
Our annual writing competition gives the platform to you, our social care workforce, to share your experiences.
We know that it’s been a hard year, filled with unprecedented challenges- and we’d love to give you the opportunity to let your let your creativity run wild, and to channel your thoughts and feelings into your submissions.
The theme of this year’s competition is ‘Connection’ which you can explore and interpret in lots of different ways.
The top three entries will get their submissions published on our website. Staedtler have kindly donated some amazing stationary kits for the winners. 1st place will win £250 and the two runners up will win £125.
Some points to consider:
- Your submission must follow the theme ‘Connection’.
- Entries can be written in any format, for example: poem, short story, a day in the life, diary entry, spoken word (though this must be accompanied by a transcript).
- The maximum word count is 1000, please do not exceed this. Submissions of any length below this will be accepted.
- Photos/videos of you reading your submitted entry would be welcomed but are not compulsory.
- Feel free to include pictures that link to your written entry. However, the text will be considered independently of any images.
The closing date of the competition is midnight on the 30th November 2020.
Please read the Terms-and-Conditions-WC-2020 for further information.
How to submit an entry?
Please use the form below giving us all your contact details. You can add the title of your work and upload the entry with up to three accompanying pictures or documents.
Please email email@example.com
Send your entry to the above email address, please state it is for the Writing Competition and clearly include your name, job role and company you work for.
Please include contact details so we can notify you if you are successful.
Find The Care Workers’ Charity on facebook.
Find The Care Workers’ Charity on Facebook. Send us a message, and if you’re on a laptop/computer you can attach your entry document. Or, you can copy and paste your text straight into the message box. You can also upload any additional images to compliment your writing.
Once again, please include your name, job role, company and contact details.
Due to current restrictions we will not be accepting postal entries.