How can I get involved on Social Care Day of Remembrance and Reflection?
We’re encouraging everyone to get involved on Social Care Day of Remembrance and Reflection, whether you’re a care provider, a care worker, someone who is supported by social care providers, or simply someone who wants to support the important work of the social care sector.
Have a look at our Memorial Fundraising Pack for some ideas and inspiration for how you can get involved.
Donations can be made via our JustGiving page or to email@example.com
You can mark the day with one of our suggested activities below, or do whatever else feels appropriate to you to recognise the day.
- Plant a tree in honour of lost loved ones.
- Have a minute’s silence to reflect on the past year.
- Write a thank you letter to someone who has helped you through this past year – it could be a care worker who supports you or a loved one, or a colleague who has helped you through challenges at work.
- Paint something which reflects upon the past year for you.
- Consider making a donation to a cause you feel has been vital over the past year.
For social care employers:
- Share a tribute on social media to each of your staff who have worked so hard through the pandemic.
- Plan a memorial/tribute for any staff you have lost during the pandemic,
- Send each of your staff a personalised letter to thank them for their work.
- Arrange a virtual or in-person opportunity for your team to meet up and reflect on the past year together.
For residential care providers:
- Organise an afternoon tea event for your residents to reflect on the past year together over a cup of tea and cakes.
- Create a memorial garden and plant flowers in tribute to those lost over the past year.
- Organise an art workshop where residents can create artwork which reflects on the past year.
- Hold a minute’s silence to reflect together.