- There are over 1.8 million care workers in the UK, contributing to one of Britain’s largest workforces, and caring for some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
- The Care Workers Charity is dedicated to helping current former and retired care workers, by providing them with one off hardship grants and online information and advice.
- We believe that no care worker should ever face financial hardship alone.
- This website holds information and advice on issues such as money, debt, health and wellbeing. You can find our online information by exploring the other pages on this site.
- We provide financial grants of up to £500 to support unexpected and unforeseen circumstances. Including but not limited to, sudden unexpected illness or injury, unexpected loss of income, loss of home, or relationship break downs.
- Champions are our volunteers, our boots on the ground, our eyes and ears. They aim to inform people about the Care Workers Charity and put on interesting and engaging fundraising events. Anyone can become a Champion.
- As a country we rely on care workers to be there on our rainy day, the Care Workers Charity is there for them on theirs.
A MESSAGE FROM HC-ONE
HC-One proudly supports the Care Workers Charity who aim to help current, former and retired employees who have worked both directly and indirectly with residents in the care sector. We will be working alongside the charity by holding fundraising events across all care homes and within the Support Office.
The support the Care Workers Charity provides is in the form of hardship grants of up to £500 to ensure no care employee faces financial hardship alone. There is also help and advice on their website providing guidance on areas such as money saving, mortgages, pensions and more.
HC-One appreciates the hard work from all of our employees, and from time to time there may be an unforeseen circumstance that leaves you in financial hardship. By engaging in the fundraising events that will be held across our care homes, you will be supporting this amazing charity and your fellow care colleagues.