Please make sure you can check all of these points off in your head before you consider submitting an application for a grant. If you do not satisfy the full criteria we will not be able to progress your application. Please also note that we are limiting grant awards to £500 due to the volume of applications being received.


You work or have worked within the UK Care Profession

(in a registered Domiciliary, Residential Care, or Supported Living service, as defined by CQC, CSSIW or SCRC)

Anyone in any role employed with one of these registered providers is eligible including care staff, cleaners, back office, chefs and catering, and managers.

You have worked in care during one of the following four time frames:

  • One year’s continuous service if still working
  • Three years' continuous service in the last five years
  • Six years' continuous service in the last 10 years
  • Over 10 years across lifetime

You have tried to obtain other sources of funding

  • Completed and saved a calculation report using the Turn2us Benefits Checker.  (You may find financial help through claiming benefits. This free and easy-to-use calculator can help you check what you might be entitled to.)
  • Completed a Turn2us Grants Search. You may find financial and other support from different grant providing funds, based on your circumstances and needs

Your grant application is not for any of the below:

  • Debts
  • Bankruptcy fees/Debt Relief Order
  • Statutory sick pay shortfall
  • Future payment/bills
  • Reimbursement for items already purchased
  • Education related costs
  • Most private medical treatments
  • Care fees shortfall

Your application is supported in writing/email

A statement from your advisor or supporter confirming what support you need, how your needs have arisen, and what difference support from the Care Workers Charity will make

You have clearly noted your reason for the application

Including amount applying for and what it would be spent on


You have proof of employment

This can be a letter from an employer confirming your length of service OR copies of your P60

You have proof of household income

Three months' bank statements for each account you hold (including joint accounts) and evidence of savings or capital