- There are over 1.8 million care workers in the UK, contributing to one of Britain’s largest workforces, and caring for some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
- The Care Workers Charity is dedicated to helping current former and retired care workers, by providing them with one off hardship grants and online information and advice.
- We believe that no care worker should ever face financial hardship alone.
- This website holds information and advice on issues such as money, debt, health and wellbeing. You can find our online information by exploring the other pages on this site.
- We provide financial grants of up to £500 to support unexpected and unforeseen circumstances. Including but not limited to, sudden unexpected illness or injury, unexpected loss of income, loss of home, or relationship break downs.
- Champions are our volunteers, our boots on the ground, our eyes and ears. They aim to inform people about the Care Workers Charity and put on interesting and engaging fundraising events. Anyone can become a Champion.
- As a country we rely on care workers to be there on our rainy day, the Care Workers Charity is there for them on theirs.
A MESSAGE FROM TLC CARE
At TLC our people are at the heart of all we do and we feel very passionately that support should be available to our team members during times of need. For this reason we chose to support the Care Workers Charity whose ethos is very much providing support to care team members when they need it most.
Working in partnership with the Care Workers Charity and our TLC Engagement Forum we are committed to ensuring that our team, who make a difference to the lives of our residents every day are supported and cared for. Furthermore the opportunities to raise money for the Care Workers Charity through attending events and carrying out activities within our home supports our passion for a one team approach.
All team members within our organisation can apply for a grant directly through the Care Workers Charity and all applications are anonymous. However, if anyone does wish to talk about any concerns confidentially they can speak with their line manager or a member of the HR team who will be happy to support further.
Do take the opportunity that is available for you and if you have any questions you can speak with me, your line manager or one of our Engagement Representatives.