- There are over 1.8 million care workers in the UK, contributing to one of Britain’s largest workforces, and caring for some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
- The Care Workers Charity is dedicated to helping current former and retired care workers, by providing them with one off hardship grants and online information and advice.
- We believe that no care worker should ever face financial hardship alone.
- This website holds information and advice on issues such as money, debt, health and wellbeing. You can find our online information by exploring the other pages on this site.
- We provide financial grants of up to £500 to support unexpected and unforeseen circumstances. Including but not limited to, sudden unexpected illness or injury, unexpected loss of income, loss of home, or relationship break downs.
- Champions are our volunteers, our boots on the ground, our eyes and ears. They aim to inform people about the Care Workers Charity and put on interesting and engaging fundraising events. Anyone can become a Champion.
- As a country we rely on care workers to be there on our rainy day, the Care Workers Charity is there for them on theirs.
A MESSAGE FROM SUNRISE SENIOR LIVING
Sunrise Senior Living and Gracewell Healthcare believes quality care begins with quality people, and deeply values its dedicated team members, who are at the heart and soul of all its work. Sunrise and Gracewell aims to provide team members with advice and support to a healthy work environment in which they can thrive, with a focus on their personal wellbeing and ability to maintain a good work life balance.
Sunrise and Gracewell have partnered with The Care Worker’s Charity (CWC) as an extension of the financial wellbeing support for its team members. The partnership follows the launch of the Sunrise UK Good Samaritan Fund which was created to support team members who may be experiencing financial hardship or challenging times, as a result of an unforeseen event in their lives.
This new partnership also enables Sunrise and Gracewell to actively support the wider UK care community as the CWC is dedicated to helping current, former and retired care workers who find themselves in financial hardship. It provides grants to help with unexpected financial situations, such as sudden illness or injury, relationship breakdown or the death of someone close.
The Care Workers Charity is the rainy-day fund for everyday heroes. As a country, we depend on our care workers to be there for us on our rainy day. The Care Workers Charity is there for them on theirs.
There are nearly two million care workers in the UK – contributing to one of Britain’s largest workforces and caring for some of the most vulnerable people in our society. The CWC can help those who have worked within the UK care profession in a registered domiciliary, residential care, day centre or supported living services. Team members in need can apply for financial assistance from the internal fund, GSF, of up to £2,000. Now we can signpost additional support through the CWC for grants up to £500 as well as providing information on all the welfare benefits and support services available. All team members within Sunrise and Gracewell can apply for support if needed, alongside the support already provided by the organisations.
If you think you, or another team member, could benefit from the charity’s support, please share details of this website where you will be able to apply for a grant online or alternatively, complete a paper application form which can be returned to CWC.
All applications to the fund are made direct with CWC and are anonymous to anyone else.