- There are over 1.8 million care workers in the UK, contributing to one of Britain’s largest workforces, and caring for some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
- The Care Workers Charity is dedicated to helping current former and retired care workers, by providing them with one off hardship grants and online information and advice.
- We believe that no care worker should ever face financial hardship alone.
- This website holds information and advice on issues such as money, debt, health and wellbeing. You can find our online information by exploring the other pages on this site.
- We provide financial grants of up to £500 to support unexpected and unforeseen circumstances. Including but not limited to, sudden unexpected illness or injury, unexpected loss of income, loss of home, or relationship break downs.
- Champions are our volunteers, our boots on the ground, our eyes and ears. They aim to inform people about the Care Workers Charity and put on interesting and engaging fundraising events. Anyone can become a Champion.
- As a country we rely on care workers to be there on our rainy day, the Care Workers Charity is there for them on theirs.
A MESSAGE FROM BOROUGH CARE
At Borough Care, we live life in colour and we champion those who keep our residents happy, safe and well. But we recognise that personal circumstances can make some days feel a little grey and particularly hard work. So, our collaboration with the Care Worker’s Charity is part of our commitment to your wellbeing and there to enhance our support to you.
Applying for the grant is straightforward and is available to those in all roles within the organisation: maintenance, housekeeping, carers, ALFs, administration, head office, kitchen staff – everyone. You can apply for a grant for a number circumstances, including unexpected illness or injury, sudden or unexpected loss of income, unexpected change in living circumstances or if you have experienced break down in a relationship.
All applications to the fund are made directly with the Care Workers Charity and are anonymous to anyone else.